May 20, 2011

Alcoholic beverages served here

Today, I rounded off a corner.



































Round, huh? Then I finished the entire bar top. Finally! All the construction guys are thoroughly impressed, and that makes me very content. They are dolling out compliments left and right. And what girl doesn't like compliments?

Tomorrow I move on to the ADA section of the bar {wheelchair accessible}. It's getting the same patterned top, but I designed it with some crazy angles so I'm anticipating some complicated cutting and probably some heavy cursing.

And last night, I finally realized the massiveness of the job ahead of me. Without Amelie, I am faced with a scary load of designing and building and directing and overseeing and building and building. Yeah, I kinda have trust issues when it comes to delegating others to do work for me. With Amelie, and when my boyfriend was here helping me, working with them was great. But telling some guy to cut this and assemble that, is kinda difficult for me. Luckily, one of the carpenters is really great and is willing to basically be my assistant. Pretty awesome, huh? So, with the work load ahead rendering assistance a necessity, I am learning to trust him.

Trust lesson number one was having him extend the bathroom door we bought. It was four and a half inches too short to meet code. But no problem!


































And sure enough, he did a great job. Obviously. He wouldn't be a carpenter I suppose if he couldn't dowel a door.

The next great thing? We got this:


































The official printout of our Public Notice of Application to Sell Alcoholic Beverages. Yes! Beer and wine  {served on my painstakingly, intricately constructed, three day bar top} here we come!

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 21, 2011

    I just read your whole blog from beginning to now and I am in awe! What you are doing is amazing and I am so going to follow your progress until you finished this phenomenal restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done!!!! still loving your tables....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's definitely been the most fun I've ever had. Thank you both so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.