May 19, 2011

The site of wonderfulness

Construction sites are pretty.



































































But they are also inconvenient for coffee drinkers. This is what generally happens to a carelessly placed cup.


































I mean, that's pretty much what happens to everything you set down at a construction site. If it's not sawdust, it's drywall dust or pipe thread shavings, or somehow someone loops their extension cord around your coffee and spills it, or everybody set's their coffee down on the same table and you end up drinking out of some big guy's luke warm, sugary cup. Ew.

But aside from unknowingly swapping germs with plumbers, I could not be having any more fun if my job was sampling ice cream. No way, this is the best. I officially want this to be permanent. If I could do this every day, waking up at six forty a.m., going to bed at eight, being surrounded by power tools, building whatever I want, wherever I want it, instructing guys where to wire lights and build walls and install sinks, I'd be the happiest girl in the world.


































So, I'm finally using the kneelers from Brooklyn. Since I had to break them apart with the screws still in them {they were made in the old days when things were built nicer; the screw heads are covered over with oak dowels. Pretty to look at but not good if you want to take the screws out}. So I just broke the screws off instead. Now I have to grind them down from the back. Which, good thing for me, is super fun.

I like making sparks.


































And here is my masterpiece. Still unfinished. I like it. I like it a lot. I can't wait to wake up at six forty five tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to be good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeek! Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the bar completely finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.