May 8, 2011

This old house

There aren't really any abandoned buildings here in these parts. I suppose it's a good thing to most people, but not necessarily to me. But there was one old house, just a few blocks away from the restaurant. I had my eye on that thing from the day I arrived, just waiting to pounce when they decided to tear it down, which inevitably, they would. Soon.

But I missed it. By like five minutes.

I jumped out of the car and went running towards the giant, empty house hole, just as the dumpster truck was pulling away... And in California, once it's in a dumpster, good luck getting it out.


This house, however, appeared behind where the old Victorian once stood, in all its crumbling and faded glory. I'm in love with it. I want it. I want it badly. I've set my sights on preserving at least some part of this beautiful piece of history in the restaurant. I'm totally going to the building department, and hunting down the owner.

Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.