June 3, 2011

A Brooklyn Bathroom

Or: meanwhile, in New York...

While Ariele is working so hard on the restaurant in California, we all miss her in New York and can't wait to have her back here with us!

In the meantime, I have a little side project to share with you guys today: a big cabinet for my tiny bathroom! See, I moved into my boyfriend's place recently and have had to figure out where to put my things. Especially my toiletries. His bathroom only has a tiny built-in medicine cabinet that can only hold this much, and I have a lot of creams, lotions, moisturizers, THINGS that I cannot live without. So what is a girl to do? Pile everything on top of the toilet tank?





































Ugh. That was so depressing. It lasted a week. Then this happened:






































Boom! A tall medicine cabinet made of one hundred percent reclaimed materials (well, except for the screws I guess). The wood came from a dumpster and used to be flooring, the window was found in the street and the hinges came off an old broken door.






































The best thing about this is that I didn't have to make any holes in the wall: the lower half of the cabinet firmly rests between the toilet, the sink, the tub and the wall and the whole thing is super stable.





































Cost: the screws I guess? Everything else I already had (ie, sander, saw, clamps, polyurethane, etc).

Next: I need shelves!

2 comments:

  1. LOL....just a piece of art !!!! keep it somewhere as a collector!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Amelie! Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.