June 3, 2011

Little white rectangles of joy

There's pretty much nothing I enjoy more than building. Building anything. For some strange reason, I was programmed with an undeniable desire to use power tools and adore hammers and screws and sawdust. I don't know, it just kinda happened. I think I'm like a mutt; part girl, part girlfriend, part carpenter. Or construction worker wanna-be. I'm not sure.

As much as I enjoy building crazy things like booths and tables, there's just something incredible about little finishing touches. They amaze me, and make me so happy. For instance, trim on wainscoting, or tile.
Yes, I said tile!


































I probably jumped a little ahead of the game when I had the water station tiled today. I mean, there isn't even drywall on the other side of the wall. Yep, it's just open and all it's electric wiring and piping guts are hanging out, exposed. And I'm pretty sure that last time I checked tiling kinda went closer to the end, perhaps almost last. So this is a perfect example of my enthusiasm getting the better of me. But you know what? It looks too good to regret.



































































I'll just have to be a tile nazi from here on out to protect it every five seconds from guys carrying twelve foot ladders, wielding sawzalls and dropping tools. I just love it. I love the white, clean, smooth tile against the rough, dark, old grain of the wood paneling. I could stare at it all day. In fact, I'm sure thirty percent of tomorrow will be spent doing exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.