October 10, 2011

house of mine

My house makes me happy.











































Along with enjoying the beginning of fall and the last few summery days in Brooklyn, I am also getting prepared for another big trip -- launching in less than two weeks. And I'm so, so excited! Guess where I'm going? To visit my restaurant! Yes. I'm off, back to California for four days to see my lovely restaurant in action, and scarf a whole lot of pasta. But that's not even the best part...

...I'm driving back across the country! Once just wasn't enough. So after flying in to CA we are hoppin' in a car and taking the deeply southern route all the way back to New York. And of course, I plan on documenting the whole thing. It will be like watching the beginning of this epic journey in rewind, another ten day drive, stopping whenever and wherever we want, eating some seriously southern food and definitely picking up a few great finds along the way. If I could fast forward till then, I probably would.

But I have to wait just a little bit longer...

13 comments:

  1. your house makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Is that whole wall wood shavings? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fascinated by the legged boats...?

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wall that looks like it's made of wood is actually made out of dried eucalyptus leaves from California. It's 13 feet long, 9 feet high. I made it when I was in college!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing, wonderful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you do commissions of artwork also? interested in the boats and the wall covering......can it be made fireproofed? thinking of it in the lobby of a hospital ? and how large could you make a boat with legs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ariele,

    If you are driving thru OK, you have to stop by and see us in Tulsa. We would love to host you for a night or two. Let us know...

    Noelle & Jae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your place. Such style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every single item is beautiful and special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ariele,
    Beautiful house and the restaurant is fabulous...can't help but see a lot of your Waldorf schooling in some of your work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house makes me happy happy happy! You sure you need to leave it to go cross country again?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently your house makes my husband happy too! I called him over to check out the pics that I saw, and he's insisting that I email you to find out how you made that swirly wall for your tools... it's AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now LOVE that lamp. Would love to have one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.