December 1, 2011

The Foreman's Lamp

{or you can call it My Favorite}



















































This one is my favorite, for a few reasons; One, it's just cool. Two, it moves. Three, my boyfriend and I built it together. He was the brains behind the operation, and hence, I adore it. Perhaps that makes me the brawn? I can live with that! Well, we built it about a year ago, but he pointed out that I have never really shown it, other than in background shots. We feel it is our masterpiece. Our mascot. Homage to what we can accomplish.

Anyway, enough with the reminiscing, here's it's facts: It extends from twenty-two inches off the wall, to forty-two inches from the wall. It's built from steel that we saved from being tossed at a construction site {hence the name The Foreman's Lamp} and the whole thing is bolted without any welding. The shade is made from a bunt cake pan and a vintage donut mold. It attaches easily to the wall with screws.

After all my professions of love for it, we are actually thinking of putting it up in the shop, for sale. Maybe. Possibly. We'll only sell it if you really love it. Maybe! {Maybe.}

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ariele! Just wanted to let you know that there's a little shout out to Il Vecchio and your blog on my blog. Stop by and have a gander, if you'd like: samefishnewpond.blogspot.com.

    BTW- LOVE the lamp!

    ~Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Ariele !!! J'adore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you, I would never part with that lamp. It's too perfect. I wonder what those bars/brackets are called? They look kind of like awning/casement scissor hinges?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!!! such a fantastic wall lamp...loooooooove it!!!! you are the best!!!! ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.