February 7, 2012

an idea

I'm thinking of making myself a headboard. This one, to be exact:








































My eventual goal is to make the entire bed frame, but until that day swings around, I think just having this headboard will curb my urge to remodel the entire room {most of what's holding me back is the rather ugly wall to wall carpeting in there that I'm not allowed to rip out -- it's the bane of my existence and prevents me from making major improvements. It's such a bummer}.

Err, rather, let's be honest here: I've already torn out quite a bit of carpeting in other locations and believe I've quite overdone it since there is, in fact, a clause in my lease stating I cannot do exactly that. Or paint things I've definitely already painted. And so on. But seriously people, why oh why do building owners insist on installing cabinets and carpeting and light fixtures from home depot! It's their own fault when us creative types tear it out or cover it up. *Ahem*  Sorry landlord. You'll thank me later.

So it seems that my intentionally simple post about an idea sketch turned into a tirade. Interesting, eh?

8 comments:

  1. OH I really love it! I want one! Can't wait to see it when you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single thing you make is GORGEOUS. I love it all! I hope one day to buy or commission a piece of furniture from you (when I live somewhere larger than a shoebox).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you SO much Dani! Amazing.

      Delete
  3. amazing idea!!! I did one for my son with old planks... but no so nice than yours!!!!
    Go Ariele Go!!!!! ;))
    can't wait to see....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tear the remaining carpet out! You will feel so much better. Ok, you may lose your security deposit (or maybe not....) but the relief you will get will be worth it, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. someday i will hire you to make all of my furniture! seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, that is so wonderful to hear. One day!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! And oh my goodness, your cutting boards are to dye for!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.